Monday, August 20, 2012

August MyGlam Bag & Birchbox

Hello :)

Today I finally have the time to show off what I received in my August  MyGlam Bag and my August Birchbox. My birchbox I received on the 13th during my son's 4th birthday party, and my MyGlam bag came a couple days later, and since then it's been quite hectic around here,right now my boyfriend is at the laundromat and my children are amused by Barney so I think I can get away with spending some time on here.





This month's theme is Endless Summer, the products sent didn't really portray the theme in my opinion, hopefully, next month they put more thought into the theme and the products are better. This month's bag was just another mesh bag, and like I said last month I do not like mesh bags, I don't like my items in the open.


Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil .29fl. oz.

On the website this roll on in the size I received as a sample is $10. I personally think this scent is disgusting,and after looking through the website I wouldn't ever purchase anything from there. This website offers a vast selection of odd smelling perfumes, I even seen popcorn scent in there... but this is not really my thing, I like flirty/floral scents. The Clean Skin scent is said to smell like the perfect shower scent, but it doesn't to me, it made me want to immediately wash it off when I tested it on my wrist.




Eclos Plant Stem Cells Anti-Aging Regenerative Cream & Cellular Activator Facial Serum

These are another reason I wasn't satisfied with this month's selection of samples. These products may work well, but they smelled strongly and terribly that I couldn't even fully test them out. I do not like my facial products to have much of a scent, I have sensitive skin and typically scented products dry/break me out. I did put these on in the order they described in the directions and I washed them off within ten minutes because I just couldn't handle the smell, and because it made my skin feel oily.


I always love getting nail polish, especially in colors that I currently do not have in my collection. This month's was another by Andrea's Choice in a hue of hot pink called Ringmaster. I have not used this shade yet but I did use last month's white polish from Andrea's Choice and loved it. I love the color pink, but for some reason I do not own much of it, so I just haven't painted my nails with it yet.


Glama-zoid Eyeshadow from S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics

This shade was made just for MyGlam and they are now offering it on there website, they are offering the sample size for $3.97 and the full size for $14.97. Glama-zoid is a iridescent shade that works perfectly as a highlighter. S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics is a brand new company and from what I seen and from this sample I believe they may be a company to check out.



Last, but not least, the product that MyGlam kept under wraps, a pink gloss. This gloss has a wonderful scent and fruity taste, and I LOVE the shade of pink. It is a little sticky, but the shade makes it worth it, just don't wear it before you plan on eating, or kissing. :)






This month Birchbox decided to do something different with there note card that explains the products, and I am loving the new idea, pictured below. I also was very satisfied with this month's samples.



Schick Hydro Silk Shaver

This shaver has a water activated moisturizing serum that is said to keep legs smooth and soft. I have not tested this out yet, but the other razor I do use is a Schick. They also offered tips on how to shave in the little note card pictured above and attached to the shaver was a package of coupons.

 

Beauty Fixation Makeup Removers

I definitely like the concept behind these makeup removers. They work well for small smudges, mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. You can purchase them on www.birchbox.com, they come in packs of 24 applicators for $5. These could work well to carry in your purse, as long as you are careful to not prematurely break them open, I also think they would be great for travel.


Pixi Beauty Lid Last Eyeshadow Pen in Gilded Mink

I have heard of Pixi Beauty before but I have never tried anything from that brand before this. After using this I will be looking into there products much more, I loved this shadow pen. I would have loved the pen even more if the sample I got was a different shade, this one was a little too dark for my liking, but it did last all day without creasing or smudging. These pens are sold for $18 so I was definitely excited to get it in my Birchbox considering I only pay $10 for everything.


Miss Jessie's Quick Curls

I was really hoping this would work for me, I have naturally wavy hair and this is suppose to define them. I have tried this twice now, once I let it air dry and the other time I used my diffuser tool on my blow dryer and both times I ended up with very little curl. This product does make my hair shiny and lessens the frizz though, I will continue to try this and hope one day maybe it will work for me, but it might just be my difficult hair.


Viva La Juicy La Fleur

I was super excited to see this in my Birchbox, I LOVE Viva La Juicy perfumes, they smell AMAZING. If I had to choose a perfume to wear daily it would be this one.








No comments:

Post a Comment