I know this isn't my typical post, but I found myself wondering this just a couple nights ago, and I felt the need to share my thoughts.
Now I have been a Netflix subscriber for a couple months now, and we watch at least one thing, be it a movie or show, on there everyday. I also just recently subscribed to Hulu Plus because I found out I could catch up on missed episodes of Glee, and Bones.(guilty pleasures) At first I found myself wondering which streaming service I should keep, because I really don't want to use two different services, but after doing a little more checking into Hulu I feel I can make a good decision on which one to keep, and possibly steer you in the direction of which one of the two is best for you.
- $7.99 a month for streaming service
- Great selection of shows and movies for children
- Great selection of classic movies
- Decent "newer" movie selection.
- Decent show collection, but not up to date. (If the episodes you are looking for are not on dvd yet then you will not find them on there.)
- Neat layout, selections are easy to find.
- Good rating system that helps to find things you would like.
- You can search by genre, title, actor/actress.
- $7.99 a month for streaming service.
- Great selection of up to date shows.
- Terrible movie selection, unless you enjoy TONS of old movies and foreign flicks.
- Messy layout.
Overall, I started with the 7-day free trial to catch up on missed episodes and I plan on cancelling on HuluPlus before the trial ends so I don't have to pay for a full month. If you live to watch tv shows nonstop Hulu is the choice for you, but if you crave a good selection definitely go with Netflix. Also, if you decide to go with Netflix and would like a little more access to stuff that's newer you could pay an extra $7.99 a month and get movies mailed to you.