Thursday, September 20, 2012

Influenster Naturals Voxbox 2012

 
About a month ago I received an email from Influenster explaining to me that I qualified for the Naturals Voxbox 2012, and about a week and a half ago I received it in the mail. Now, this is my second voxbox since I joined Influenster, if you would like to learn more about Influenster you can read about it in a previous blog post I wrote here. 
 
 
Now, I will admit I am not the type of person who only uses natural/organic items, when it comes to food, cleaning products, and beauty products if I can purchase something organic I will but I do not really search for them. I have tried some beauty products from Yes to Carrots  and I love what I have tried and definitely would be interested in purchasing more items from there. Since I haven't had a chance to really test much natural products I was super excited to receive the opportunity, and was pleased with what came in the Naturals Voxbox.
 
 
LypSyl Intense Protection LypMoisturizer
 
This lip balm is created with Swedish Beeswax, Organic Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Vitamins A & E and it is long-lasting, deep penetrating, and heavily moisturizing. I am very dry lips at nearly all times so I am always up to trying new lip balms, and the fact that this is natural is a plus, and it also has an enjoyable minty flavor. This lip balm does live up to it's word about being long-lasting, I have applied before bed and still felt like I had balm on my lips when I woke up. I also have noticed that my lips are less dry, have less cracks and I have only been using it for three days, one application a day. You can find lypsyl in many drugstores such as Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, and even at Walmart.
 

 
Geodeo Natural Deodorant
 
Geodeo is 97% naturally derived, the other 3% they say is neccessary to maintain effectiveness, the ingredients are shown below. Geodeo offers great scents while fighting daily to rid toxins from your body and it is allergen free. I do like the Island scent, but I have not tested this out yet, I am waiting for a day were I plan on staying home, just in case.
 
 
 
Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Baby Eczema Soap
 
At first sight of this I was excited, I have two children who have sensitive dry skin and baby acne, and I have been in the search for a soap to help. This bar soap cleanses without causing dryness, or irritation. Shea Moisture uses pure organic ingredients and all reviews I have found of there products are very positive. I have yet to test this with my children, but will update as soon as possible.
 
 
 
CleanWell All-Natural Hand Sanitizing Wipe
 http://www.cleanwelltoday.com/our-products/hand-sanitizer/

Hand sanitizing wipes are well handy, but the typical harsh smell of them has always irritated me and makes me iffy to use them, but with CleanWell wipes you do not have to worry about anything being harsh. CleanWell wipes naturally kill germs without using Alcohol or any other harsh chemicals, and the wipe itself is also biodegradable. The only downside I can find about these is that no where near me sells them, so I personally would have to order online, but they have a store finder on there website if you would like to find some near you.



Nectresse Natural No Calorie Sweetener
http://www.nectresse.com/

If you follow me on a regular basis you will know that I am in the process of becoming healthier, and an all natural no calorie sweetener is perfect for me. Nectresse is 100% natural with no artificial ingredients and actually tastes sweet. On there website you can request a sample, find coupons and recipes, and also find out where to purchase Nectresse.


 
The Original Dish Drying Mat
 
This item although included in the Naturals Voxbox isn't neccessarily an natural/organic product, the dish drying mat is made of microfiber cloth and a thin layer of foam. I actually replaced my plastic dish drying rack with this mat, I have hard water and I am sick of scrubbing the plastic rack, and this mat is machine washable. The mat folds and stores easily, and they come in different colors to match to your kitchen, they also offer an extra large size mat for the people who need it. I do most of my dishes in the dishwasher, but I do have some dishes that require hand washing and this mat is perfect for delicate dishes. The Original line is sold exclusively at Bed Bath & Beyond, they also offer a fruit and veggie drying mat, cookware guards, microfiber cleansing cloths, shoe mats, and pet bowl mats.
Pictured above is my mat in my kitchen, please excuse my slightly offensive coffee mug.