Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Julep Maven Box + A Nail Creation

 February is all about the "A-List" and this has to be the best Julep Maven Box I have ever received. I actually typically skip every month because I have a decently large nail polish collection that I am not really looking to expand at the moment, but this month I didn't even get an option to skip and I am kind of glad I didn't.
I believe a top coat is key to completing a nail creation and this polymer top coat called Freedom is spectacular. This top coat gives the appearance of gel-like shine without the hassle and health issues. (Used in the nail creation at the bottom of this post) 
 This nail treatment works to make nails stronger, smoother, and thicker . The directions say to use on clean nails once or twice a week to promote healthy nail growth. I had this on my nails for about three days, it has a subtle pink glow to it and made my nails look healthier.
 Just a simple and cheap eyelash curler.... I have a couple of these in my makeup storage that I rarely use because they just don't work as well, but they are great for travel.
 This AMAZING shade of olive green is called "Laura" and is perfect for any bombshell.


This shimmery holographic shade is called "Ginger" and I absolutely LOVE it. I like to pair it with shades of red and pink, but it also looks wonderful on it's own. (Used in nail creation at the bottom of this post)


Julep polishes almost always only require one coat and they dry quickly. Top these polishes with the Freedom Top Coat and you have yourself a simple and beautiful nail creation. Another positive aspect of Julep polishes is they do not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP. 





And now for a little nail creation of my own...
What I Used for This Look
Julep's Freedom Top Coat
Julep's Nail Polish in Ginger and Rose
Kiss Nail Dress in Bustier
Scissors 
 First I applied one coat of Rose, which is a bright shade of pink.
 Second I created this design on my nails using one coat of Ginger.
 Then I applied a thin coat of the Freedom Top Coat and let it fully dry for five minutes.
 I cut the Kiss Nail Dress into these strips and applied right between the two shades of polish and applied another coat of the Freedom Top Coat, once again drying it for five minutes.
 And this is the finished look.....

No comments:

Post a Comment