Sunday, February 24, 2013

February Ipsy Bag and Beauty Army Box

Hello Lovelies!



 February's theme is "Red Carpet Ready"
I really hope that next month Ipsy decides to go with a printed bag, because I am very bored with these plain bags, especially this month's cheap vinyl black bag.
During my last little trip to Ulta I spied this mascara from Pop Beauty  and considered purchasing and I am glad I didn't because this is a nice size sample of it. This mascara does provide volume for the lashes, but I have noticed a bit of clumping, but if you pair it with the Lash Card that was also a sample this month it works wonderfully.
This Pixi Beauty Primer has become my current favorite, it leaves my skin looking smooth and bright. Lately I have been skipping my foundation routine and just wearing this instead. I was a little concerned at first glance because this primer is not a clear one, but it easily blended into my skin tone and was unnoticeable.
I LOVE Coastal Scents Shadows and have received many samples from them in the past. This month's sample set was called "Glitz & Glamour" and had my favorite shimmery white eye shadow called Candlelight included. These shadows are highly pigmented, easy to blend, and beautiful.
Once again it is the Lash Card, it seems this has become a favorite for subscriptions to provide as samples, although Ipsy's sample is the largest pack I have received yet.
Out of all the samples this month I was most excited to test the MICA Beauty Gel Eyeliner. Eyeliner is an essential to my everyday look and I am always on the search for something better. I do not typically use gel liners as much, but they do work wonders. This liner glides on smoothly and is easy to use if you have a proper brush, but I did notice that it is not pigmented enough for my liking.


 Yay! for more Yes To products. I absolutely adore EVERYTHING from this company, and am always excited to get something else to try from them. This body butter is nourishing, non-greasy, moisturizing, long-lasting, and best of all it is 99% natural and paraben free. This company offers something for everyone of all ages, all ethnicities, all skin and hair types, and both men and women.
This happens to be the second Twin Set I have received from Skinn Cosmetics , the first set was the shade of Coral Poppy, and this one is called Pink Tulip. I believe that these shades may be ones specifically offered through Beauty Army because they are not on Skinn's website. Honestly, I think the wet lip gloss end is a waste because it is near impossible to get a decent amount of gloss out of the tube, and it is one of those glosses that leaves your lips feeling quite sticky. At first glance I thought I would never wear the Pink Tulip because it is a bright shade of fuchsia, but I actually like it. I always pair the lipstick with my Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer to make it last a bit longer.
 I don't typically choose products like this Olive Natural Beauty Bar because I do not use bar soap, but I didn't have many new options this month so I decided I would give it a chance. When I first pulled this product out of the box I was pleasantly surprised with the adorable little green package it came in, and also surprised that there is no brand markers what so ever on the soap or the package. This soap is suppose to have a lemon and lavender scent, but I do not smell even a hint of lemon in there and it kind of makes me think of my grandma. The bar itself feels quite slippery and oily and I was very hesitant to use it, but it is definitely moisturizing. If you are a person who likes organic products this is definitely something you want to try.
 I chose these Boo-Boo Covers because they are something completely different from anything else I have ever tried. They are basically little tattoos to cover your flaws, and I actually attempted to use them to cover my small, yet hated, tattoo. The first thing I noticed about this product is that they only make them in light skin colors, there is barely a variety, and they come on sheets like fake tattoos. All of the shades I received looked overly pink and unnatural, but it says to blend with makeup after application. I applied the lightest portion over my small tattoo and once it was on I noticed that you could still fully see my tattoo through it, and even though I am pale the coloring was terrible. I could possibly blend it in with A LOT of makeup and work, but there are so many better products than this to use, such as Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Concealer.
This S.M.A.R.T Skin Perfecting Mask from Grand Central Beauty was another product I was quite excited to receive. This mask is suppose to smooth, moisturize, detoxify skin, reduce redness, and tone your facial skin. After you go through the process of mixing everything together you apply the mixture to the skin and wait 15 minutes for it to dry, then all you do is gently peel it off. I read many wonderful reviews on this product before testing it, but I am not sure what the hype is about. When I first mixed up this pink concoction I noticed that it doesn't smell that pleasant and once I put it on my face I could barely stand it, to me it had a slight scent of fish. During the whole fifteen minutes I had an itchy sensation on my forehead, underneath my eyes, and all over my cheeks, and I was so exited when it was time to take it off, until I realized how difficult it was to take off. While peeling off the mask it only came off in decent sized chunks around my cheeks and forehead, everywhere else I had to pick at it for what felt like forever, and when I was finally finished my face was red and itchy. I did notice that my skin was much softer and moisturized though. The night I tested this I went to bed not long after getting the mask all washed off and when I woke up in the morning my skin was terrible, it appeared oily, and I had mini breakouts all over. I know everyone is different, but after my little trial with this product I couldn't recommend it to anyone.
 Yes, it is yet another eye shadow from Whip Hand Cosmetics. This eye shadow is called Medal of Honor and it is a shimmery gold shade. Like I have said in the past I still absolutely hate these little containers because it makes a mess and I end up unintentionally wasting it. The shadow itself is highly pigmented and easily blendable, but the container makes me reach for it less often.



3 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm so jealous that you got the Smart Skin Perfecting Mask. I just posted the review of my February Beauty Army box on my blog too. I received some amazing beauty products this month!

    - KW
    http://musthaveboxes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen many people have great reviews of it, but my skin HATED it, but I guess everyone is different. I see that your soap actually had brand markings on the box, mine had nothing.

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of the colors you got for your eye shadow from Ipsy! I wish I had gotten that selection. great review!

    http://popculturepie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete