Saturday, March 2, 2013

Walgreens Haul

Hello Lovelies!
About a week ago I had a little time to spare between when I got out of work and when I had to pick up the kids so I decided I would take a little trip to +Walgreens, I wasn't sure what I planned to purchase, but I just was in the mood to browse. Now, I don't often head to Walgreens considering I work at Walmart, but when I do I almost always find something I just have to have, and this was one of those days.
New Nail Addiction
So while browsing I happened to stumble across (almost literally) a display of nail polish by Sinful Colors and was amazed by the beautiful selection of shades they offered so I decided to pick up a few, at only $2 a polish they are DEFINITELY worth it. I was not sure what to expect, but I absolutely loved the colors and wanted to try it and I am glad I did. I purchased six different shades, and so far every one only takes one coat and dries quite quickly. Pictured above from left to right is Lush Life, Kissy, and Rise & Shine (Matte). After doing a little research about the company I also found out that they are made right here in the United States, which is always a plus in my opinion. Pictured Below from left to right is sweet nothing, sweet tooth, and sugar sugar. Another reason I absolutely adore Sinful Colors is because every polish from them has a wonderful name.
Where to Buy:
Walgreens
Walmart (not in all)
Target
Meijers
Rite Aid
On my way out of the beauty section of Walgreens I happened to spot this little beauty from Wet N Wild's Fergie Collection called Make Them Boys Go Loco.
Now, I have been curious about blending sponges since the release of the Beauty Blender, but I never seen the point of paying $20 for a sponge I wasn't sure I would like. So, when I came across this blending sponge by Studio 35 Beauty for only $6 I knew I had to try it. Now when opening the package the first thing I noticed was that it didn't include any instructions, so before I could even use the sponge I had to do a little research. I noticed some people use the sponge wet, and some use it dry, so I decided I had to test it both ways. The first time I applied foundation with the sponge dry and although I did get an even application I felt that the sponge was absorbing up too much of my foundation. The second time I tested it wet and it worked so much better, the sponge didn't absorb my foundation and the application looked smoother, and I didn't have to work at blending as hard as I do when using a brush. Now to get the sponge wet I ran warm water and just placed the sponge underneath until it filled with water, afterwards I squeezed as much of the water out as possible leaving the sponge only damp, you do not want the water to be able to drip out while applying your makeup. These sponges can be used for all sorts of makeup applications and they have the big rounded end for larger areas, and the small pointed ends for smaller areas. I have been using this sponge for a couple days now and I do like it much better than any previous applicator I have used.
I have heard many other drugstore hauls mention Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm, but I have no clue what they seen in it, I purchased it in a pink shade called Desire and I wasn't that impressed. For starters the lip stain took quite a few applications before you could even see a hint of color, and it made my lips feel extremely dry (maybe that is why they include some lip balm). The lip balm is just a generic simple balm that didn't last long, but did give my lips a little shine.
I have been searching for some peel-off facial masks in a couple local stores so when I seen this I just had to grab it. I have tested a couple products from Freeman's before and liked them, so I wasn't hesitant at trying the brand, and I like the scent of cucumber. This mask is suppose to clarify and renew skin, and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed, soft, and clean.
 For the past about eight months I have been a rocking a lovely shade of natural red called Hot Tamale, and it takes A LOT of upkeep, so I bought this John Frieda Radiant Red Shampoo and Conditioner in hopes that it will help prolong my color. I have been using this for about a two weeks now and I have noticed that I have A LOT less washout of color, and my hair has more shine to it. This shampoo and conditioner also has a wonderful scent and leaves my hair softer, and less frizzy. They offer this shampoo for all hair colors and I would especially recommend it to women who have problems with washout.

No comments:

Post a Comment