Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fall and Winter Fashion Trends 2013: Military Inspired Pieces

Hello Lovelies!
It's once again time for fashion related posts!
 I know it's been awhile, and it has obviously changed seasons since my last fashion posts, but today's post will be the start of a series of posts focusing on the fall/winter fashion for this year, paired with outfit examples I created using Polyvore.
Fall and winter have become my favorite seasons for fashion as I have gotten older. This particular year is showcasing trends such as statement coats, over-the-knee boots, turtlenecks, slouchy pants, and military inspired pieces amongst others. Although I will not thoroughly discuss all trends I definitely will discuss my favorites, and the ones that I definitely think should just stay on the runway.
I would describe my personal style for the fall and winter months as cozy, and comfortable, yet fashionable. I absolutely love sweater dresses, black leggings, boots, scarfs, and anything else that is cute, yet can keep me warm in Michigan.  
MILITARY INSPIRED
I absolutely love military inspired pieces! I tend to personally lean more towards military inspired jackets, shoes, and dresses, but you can find tons of different pieces during this time. Below are images of some pieces I personally like, also some examples of how to wear this trend. Military inspired pieces work wonderfully with my personal "pin-up" style, but there is a piece for pretty much anyone out there, some more classic, while others very edgy.

Military Inspired Pieces



Military Inspired Pieces




The example below shows that it is possible to look classic and still rock this trend. This navy shift dress looks classy, appropriate for the office, and has small military inspired details. In the fall I always love pairing dresses with beautiful trench coats, such as this beige double breasted trench. To add a little bit of edginess to this look, but keep it classic, I paired the dress and trench with classic Diane Von Furstenberg Bethany heels, and a Michael Kors studded navy tote bag.

Classic Military Inspired






Military Inspired Pieces: Comfy Casual



Above is a casual option filled with numerous military inspired pieces. This outfit consists of a comfortable pair of black skinny jeans, a casual t-shirt, and accessories that bring the outfit to a whole new level.

Below is another casual option, but this one features edgier pieces. This outfit also happens to be my budget-friendly version, all pieces shown in this outfit are under $50. I absolutely adore feminine versions of combat boots, although I personally do not own a pair yet, and these specific ones are only $47. I also wanted to use at least one camouflage piece in one of my outfits in this post, and I loved this studded camo jacket from 9xis, so I chose this as my main piece of the outfit and worked around it. I chose to add the camouflage wonder spike cuff as an accessory because it combined both of the main elements in my outfit in a subtle way. A key piece of advice to remember is to not go overboard on the camouflage, choose one or two pieces , and then pair them with more subtle pieces to avoid the "going hunting" look.


Camo and Studs





So, I want to know what you think of this trend? If you like it, how would you wear it?
It feels good to be back posting fashion posts, and this is only the beginning of a full series of posts focuses on fall/winter fashion trends, so stay tuned!
Next up: Statement Outerwear




No comments:

Post a Comment