Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pantone's Spring Color Trends

Hello Lovelies! 

pantone spring 2014 colors 

I know it's not spring yet, it actually feels like spring will never come here in Michigan, but I am way behind in "fashion time" when it comes to discussing the Spring 2014 trends, so here we go....
I typically blog about the clothing trends here, but I figured this time I would do something a little different and base my post all around Pantone's Spring 2014 color report for women.  



Radiant Orchid

Radiant Orchid


According to Pantone, Radiant Orchid, was chosen for the color of the year because it intrigues the eye, and sparks the imagination. The director of the Pantone Color Institute also said that it is an invitation for innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today's society. Read the press release about the color of the year here.

This particular hue certainly makes a bold statement and within the next couple of months the shade will be popping up in a lot of stores just in time to mix into your spring wardrobe. Above you will see a selection of pieces showcasing the shade, and below is an example of the hue in outfit form. 


Lots of Lace



Placid Blue


Placid Blue


Floral Shift Dress



Violet Tulip


Violet Tulip


Casual Violet Tulip


Hemlock

Hemlock


Steal the Bow

Paloma 


Paloma


Paloma


Sand

Sand


Untitled #405

Freesia


Freesia


Freesia Floral


Celosia Orange
Celosia Orange


Black and Orange


Cayenne


Cayenne


Cayenne




Dazzling Blue
Dazzling Blue


Black and Blue



And those are all of Pantone's colors for spring...

What color is your favorite?

My personal favorite is Cayenne, I love the vibrant shade, and I think it is perfect for this spring. I also believe that pieces in this hue could easily be worked into your future summer wardrobe.

My least favorite color in general is freesia, because I honestly detest all shades of yellow on my skin tone. I also do not like the idea of Paloma for spring, to me spring is about fresh vibrant hues, and this neutral color seems more fitting for winter to me.

Feel free to leave feedback on my Facebook page, message me via my contact form on my website, or comment directly on my blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment