Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fashion Trend Summer 2013: High-Low Skirts and Dresses

Hello Lovelies!

Today I am going to discuss the trend of high-low hemlines or what some call dip hems...
 
At first I wasn't sure if I like the idea of having a skirt or dress that was shorter in the front and longer in the back, I also wasn't sure if they would flatter my body shape, but I have quickly grown to love the style. High-Low dresses and skirts are basically the mullet of the clothing industry, except they look much better. As some of you may know I am quite the curvy gal and some styles I know just don't work for me, so, I make sure I try everything before I buy, so when I was shopping last I tried quite a few dresses with the high-low hemline and as long as the dress had some type of emphasis on the waist they looked fabulous.

Below are some examples of some dresses and a skirt with the high-low hemline that are just terribly shaped, or the print makes the style too overwhelming. Like I said above I believe the shape of the high-low hemline pairs best with some type of emphasis on the hemline.
 
Untitled #230







Below is an example of a fun way to wear a high-low hemline dress.
 
 
Cottoncandy


No comments:

Post a Comment