Thursday, May 17, 2012

E.L.F Cosmetics Review: Lips, Zit Zapper & Nails








In this post I will be finishing the review on products from E.L.F Cosmetics by category.

Lips:

Studio Lip Stain

On one end there is the stain applicator, on the other is a gloss applicator. The gloss itself it very sticky, I always opt out of using it, and go for a different gloss I own. The stain I do like, it is quite long lasting and it does have a pretty good color. E.L.F offers this stain in seven different colors, they are:
Birthday Suit - A pale shade of pink
First Date - A medium shade of pink ( this is the one I own )
Fashionista- A hot pink shade
Mysterious - A nearly nude shade
Lucky Lad- A peachy shade
Bombshell- Another shade of pink
Red Carpet- A shade between red and purple, definitely like this shade

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/lips/gloss/lip_stain



Hypershine Gloss:

They offer this in nine different shades, ranging from nudes, to girly pinks. I own this gloss in Sugar Plum, I have used it once and quickly removed because it is very sticky and doesn't smoothly go on. It does have a nice flavor to it and they are all cotton candy scented.

Fairy- A barely there shade of pink
Bubblegum- A shade of pink
Berry Cherry- A shade between pink and purple
Mauve- A very light shade of purple
Blossom- Another shade of pink
Joy- Another shade of purple
Flirt- A nearly nude, slightly pink shade
Sugar Plum- A very purple shade
Cloud Nine- A white/clear shade
Honey- A golden shade
Vixen- A very bright peachy pink shade
Bare- A nude shade

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/lips/gloss/hypershine_gloss




Glitter Gloss:

They offer this in 8 different shades, I am not a huge fan of glitter gloss, it is a product I think is meant for teenagers or tweens. I own this in Golden Glitz, it was a free item with one of my orders, and I think it is very chunky and sticky.

Golden Glitz- A shade of gold
Glam Guava- A light shade of  peachy pink
Twinkle Pink-A light shade of pink
Fuchsia Fireworks- A shade of fuchsia
Bronze Bling-A shade of peachy bronze
Sparkling Wine-A light shade of purple
Crystal Cranberry-A hot pink shade
Dazzling Diamond-A nearly clear shade 
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/makeup/lips/gloss



Matte Lip Color:

Offered in six amazing different colors. I absolutely love them. They are long lasting and great quality, I wore mine through eating, and drinking, and a full day of work, and didn't even have to touch up. It also very easy to apply evenly. I would recommend this to anyone who loves wearing color on there lips.

Coral- A light shade of coral
Natural- A nearly nude pink shade
Tea Rose- A rosy shade of pink
Praline- A light shade of pink
Nearly Nude- A very good nude shade
Rich Red- A vivid red shade, this is the one I own and I love it.


http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/lips/lip_stick/matte_lip_color


Tools:
Zit Zapper
A friend recommended I try this product because it worked for her and I have a little bit of acne at the moment. The zit zapper comes in a roll on applicator and is a clear formula, that contains salicylic acid, tea tree oil, witch hazel and camphor. The zit zapper is meant to prevent acne, reduce redness and swelling, minimize pore size and clear skin. I have been using this product for the past 3 weeks, I breakout between my eyebrows and on my cheeks mostly, but I also have dry/sensitive skin. For me this product does reduce redness and swelling but it also makes the spot even dryer, but I think it would work perfectly for someone without sensitive/dry skin.


Nails:

Matte Finisher Clear Nail Polish

I received this product with my $20 free gift bag and I was excited to see it in there and to try out the matte nail trend. I tried the matte nail polish over a teal nail polish from Color Club and I did love the effect it gave my nails. The smell of the polish itself was nearly unbearable, it actually made me gag a bit, so if you are someone who is sensitive to smells I would not try this or at least be in a room with open windows and lots of air movement. I also noticed that the matte finisher made the nail polish very difficult to remove, I had to scrub for nearly 30 minutes to remove it all. In the end of it all I will be using this polish again, because I did like the look it gave my nails.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/nails/elf_nail_polish/matte_finisher_clear_nail_polish






No comments:

Post a Comment